Established in 1948 by George “Monty” Pratley, the Pratley stable of companies rests on a foundation of research and innovation in the manufacturing, retail and mining sectors. Drawing from over 70 years of experience, Pratley has filed over 350 patents worldwide and is ISO 9001:2015 certified. View Pratley’s History
"To do what we do, better than any competitor on the world market and to do it honestly."
The divisions of Pratley include:
- Pratley Electrical
Drawing from 65 years of industry experience and the expertise of nearly 200 staff members, we pride ourselves in the manufacture and distribution of highly innovative Electrical Cable Glands, Electrical Junction Boxes and related accessories for normal and hazardous locations.
- Pratley Adhesives
Brand leading, ultra-high performance DIY and industrial adhesive producer. Pratley Putty is the only South African product to have gone to the moon! The range includes high strength Epoxies, Anaerobic Thread Lockers and Gasket Makers, Silicones, Acrylics, Cyanoacrylates, Tapes and Epoxy/Urethane Hybrids.
- Pratley Minerals
This affiliate division actively produces unique Perlite and Clinoptilolite (zeolite) mineral products. The ores are processed using exclusively developed proprietary technology to produce some remarkable eco-friendly and energy saving mineral-based products for applications such as; ultra-lightweight concrete screeds, thermally insulating & energy saving plasters, food & beverage filtration, chemical filtration, pollution-control, liquid spill clean-ups, water treatment, soil remediation, swimming pool/pond filtration and farming. Clinoptilolite was also used to clean-up the Chernobyl, Fukushima and Three Mile Island nuclear disasters.
- Pratley Craft and Decoupage
Pratley’s Craft and decoupage division produces some of the world’s most advanced decoupage products. Enter a world of creative journey and discovery using Pratley Kraftex products. The range includes, high gloss epoxy coatings (Pratliglo), high performance varnishes, seal coats, crack effect coatings, hand mouldable plastic and more.
- Select Hairdressing Supplies
Founded in 1983, Select Hairdressing Supplies (Pty) Ltd began operating in Randburg, Gauteng. By distributing some of the world's leading hair brands to salons through a professional sales team, Select quickly earned a reputation as a highly respected supplier to the professional hair care industry in South Africa.
Certifications, Memberships and Awards
- ISO 9001:2015 - Certification by Intertek
- International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) compliance of hazardous area products
- South African National Standards (SANS/IEC) marks for all hazardous area electrical products
- CENELEC, BS EN and ATEX certification for electrical apparatus for potentially explosive atmospheres
- CSA/US approval on selected electrical equipment
- NSF International approval of Zeolite for use in Drinking water filtration (NSF61)
- Registration of Zeolite for use as a stock remedy at the South African Department of Agriculture
- Member of the South African Flameproof Association
- Member of the Electrical Contractors Association of South Africa
- Member of the Concrete Society of South Africa
- Member of the Johannesburg Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member of the Krugersdorp Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Registered Exporter with SA Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Winner of the prestigious Technology Top 100 Award
"We have a Policy Statement that says, Pratley policy is to produce products that out-perform all other directly competing products on the world market. Every Pratley employee lives and breathes by this statement. It is the cornerstone of what we do." - CEO