Established in 1948 by George “Monty” Pratley, the Pratley stable of companies rests on a foundation of research & development, producing highly innovative products for the manufacturing, construction, energy, consumer and mining sectors. Over the course of 75 years, Pratley has filed over 350 patents worldwide, currently produces more than 1000 products and is ISO 9001:2015 certified. View Pratley’s History.
"To do what we do, better than any competitor on the world market and to do it honestly."
The divisions of Pratley include:
- Pratley Electrical
Drawing from 75 years of industry experience, we pride ourselves in the manufacturing and distribution of highly innovative Electrical Cable Glands, Electrical Junction Boxes and related accessories for both normal and explosive atmospheres. Those variants for use in explosive atmospheres comply with international IECEx Standards for Ex n, Ex e and Ex d explosion protected equipment. Many Pratley cable glands and junction boxes also comply with the European ATEX directive.
- Pratley Adhesives
Brand leading, ultra-high performance DIY and industrial adhesive producer. One particular product, Pratley Putty, is the only South African product to have gone to the moon! The range includes ultra-high strength Epoxies, Anaerobic Thread Lockers & Gasket Makers, Silicones, Acrylics, Cyanoacrylates, Tapes and Epoxy/Urethane Hybrids, high gloss epoxy coatings as well as a range of innovative decoupage and craft products.
- Pratley Minerals
This affiliate division actively produces unique Perlite and Clinoptilolite (zeolite) mineral products. The ores are processed using exclusively developed proprietary technology to produce some remarkable eco-friendly and energy saving mineral products for applications such as; ultra-lightweight concrete screeds, thermally insulating & energy saving plasters and screeds, food & beverage filtration, chemical filtration, pollution-control, liquid spill clean-ups, water treatment & filtration, soil remediation, swimming pool/pond filtration and farming. Clinoptilolite was also used to clean-up the Chernobyl, Fukushima and Three Mile Island nuclear disasters.
Certifications, Memberships and Awards
- ISO 9001:2015 - Certification by Intertek
- International Electro-technical Commission (IEC) compliance of hazardous area products
- South African National Standards (SANS/IEC) marks for all hazardous area electrical products
- CENELEC, BS EN and ATEX certification for electrical apparatus for potentially explosive atmospheres
- CSA/US approval on selected electrical equipment
- NSF International approval of Zeolite for use in Drinking water filtration (NSF61)
- Registration of Zeolite for use as a stock remedy at the South African Department of Agriculture
- Member of the South African Flameproof Association
- Member of the Electrical Contractors Association of South Africa
- Member of the Concrete Society of South Africa
- Member of the Johannesburg Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member of the Krugersdorp Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Registered Exporter with SA Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)
- Winner of the prestigious Technology Top 100 Award
"We have a Policy Statement that says, Pratley policy is to produce products that out-perform all other directly competing products on the world market. Every Pratley employee lives and breathes by this statement. It is the cornerstone of what we do." - CEO